Day 201: Week 29
Ugh, another sleeping picture, you say? Alas, we had a busy day, and the first thought I've had to look for the camera was when he'd finally fallen asleep. So I thought for today's post, I'd walk you through Eamonn's workweek :)
Last night Eamonn went to sleep for the night around 7pm. That's super early for him, and we figured we'd pay for it later. Sure enough, he woke up to eat at 2am and would not go back to sleep. So he wiggled and squirmed in the bed with Graham and me until he finally dropped back off about 3am. I get up usually by 5:30am but since we had such a rough night I was sleeping in at 5:50am when Eamonn woke up to eat again. Thankfully he went back to sleep so I could get ready for work in peace.
At 6:45am I woke Eamonn up to get him dressed for the day. After we've washed, changed, and cleaned his nose and face, I strap Eamonn to me using his Ergobaby harness. Then we walk through the Skyway to our bus stop. We catch the 16 or the 50 straight to daycare. Some mornings he falls asleep. Other mornings he watches the people and the windows. We started taking the bus about 2 weeks ago to save gas money. In 2014, the new rail line will be finished, and Eamonn and I can take the light rail train right to his daycare parking lot!
When we arrive at daycare, Eamonn is typically served his morning meal first thing. One such morning he had 2 tbsp rice cereal with 2 tbsp banana and oatmeal baby food. Then he'll have tummy time on the floor with the other babies. They'll take turns in the swings, saucers, and the piano bouncing toy. And naps! Eamonn usually has two good naps at daycare in the morning and the afternoon. He'll eat 3-4 bottles of breastmilk throughout the day in addition to one more solid food feeding at about lunchtime of 2tbsp rice cereal and 2 tbsp sweet peas babyfood. He'll also go through 3-6 diapers while there.
Sometimes they take the babies out for walks in massive strollers that can fit up to six babies who can mostly sit up on their own while strapped in. Eamonn has a hat and sunscreen to wear for such outings. There is a nature trail nearby that runs along the back of the parking lot that the teachers in groups of 2-3 adults will take the babies and toddlers for a walk. The daycare lost its playground when the rail line came in, but they were promised a new playground once it was complete.
I get off work at 4:30 and take either the campus shuttle or the public bus from work to daycare to pickup Eamonn. Then we catch our bus home. Some days Eamonn's teacher catches her bus home with us! On bad weather days, I will drive though. Usually Eamonn is more alert in the afternoons and will be more sociable with people on the bus. He's a big crowd pleaser! There are a few people who have sat next to us that always say hello if they spot us again.
After the bus drops us off in downtown, we walk a few blocks home through the Skyway. Graham is already home and waiting for us to arrive. Graham and Eamonn play for awhile so I can relax and unwind from work. Eamonn will play on the floor or in his bouncy seat. Sometimes we read books, or cuddle on the couch and watch tv. Eamonn loves to watch the cat or dive for the remotes when he gets in range.
Sometime between 8pm-9:30pm, Eamonn will eat his last "awake" meal and take his kidney medicine. We'll put him in his swaddle so he can't roll over too much in his bed and wake himself back up. After he falls asleep, I'll put him in his bed and go to bed myself. I expect him to wake up again to eat 1-3 times during the night. Hopefully he'll always go back to sleep for me. :)
Good night sleepy boy!
Last night Eamonn went to sleep for the night around 7pm. That's super early for him, and we figured we'd pay for it later. Sure enough, he woke up to eat at 2am and would not go back to sleep. So he wiggled and squirmed in the bed with Graham and me until he finally dropped back off about 3am. I get up usually by 5:30am but since we had such a rough night I was sleeping in at 5:50am when Eamonn woke up to eat again. Thankfully he went back to sleep so I could get ready for work in peace.
At 6:45am I woke Eamonn up to get him dressed for the day. After we've washed, changed, and cleaned his nose and face, I strap Eamonn to me using his Ergobaby harness. Then we walk through the Skyway to our bus stop. We catch the 16 or the 50 straight to daycare. Some mornings he falls asleep. Other mornings he watches the people and the windows. We started taking the bus about 2 weeks ago to save gas money. In 2014, the new rail line will be finished, and Eamonn and I can take the light rail train right to his daycare parking lot!
When we arrive at daycare, Eamonn is typically served his morning meal first thing. One such morning he had 2 tbsp rice cereal with 2 tbsp banana and oatmeal baby food. Then he'll have tummy time on the floor with the other babies. They'll take turns in the swings, saucers, and the piano bouncing toy. And naps! Eamonn usually has two good naps at daycare in the morning and the afternoon. He'll eat 3-4 bottles of breastmilk throughout the day in addition to one more solid food feeding at about lunchtime of 2tbsp rice cereal and 2 tbsp sweet peas babyfood. He'll also go through 3-6 diapers while there.
Sometimes they take the babies out for walks in massive strollers that can fit up to six babies who can mostly sit up on their own while strapped in. Eamonn has a hat and sunscreen to wear for such outings. There is a nature trail nearby that runs along the back of the parking lot that the teachers in groups of 2-3 adults will take the babies and toddlers for a walk. The daycare lost its playground when the rail line came in, but they were promised a new playground once it was complete.
I get off work at 4:30 and take either the campus shuttle or the public bus from work to daycare to pickup Eamonn. Then we catch our bus home. Some days Eamonn's teacher catches her bus home with us! On bad weather days, I will drive though. Usually Eamonn is more alert in the afternoons and will be more sociable with people on the bus. He's a big crowd pleaser! There are a few people who have sat next to us that always say hello if they spot us again.
After the bus drops us off in downtown, we walk a few blocks home through the Skyway. Graham is already home and waiting for us to arrive. Graham and Eamonn play for awhile so I can relax and unwind from work. Eamonn will play on the floor or in his bouncy seat. Sometimes we read books, or cuddle on the couch and watch tv. Eamonn loves to watch the cat or dive for the remotes when he gets in range.
Sometime between 8pm-9:30pm, Eamonn will eat his last "awake" meal and take his kidney medicine. We'll put him in his swaddle so he can't roll over too much in his bed and wake himself back up. After he falls asleep, I'll put him in his bed and go to bed myself. I expect him to wake up again to eat 1-3 times during the night. Hopefully he'll always go back to sleep for me. :)
Good night sleepy boy!
Comments
Post a Comment