Day 340: Week 49

I had hoped to get a picture of Eamonn wearing my I Voted sticker, but alas that was not meant to be.

I broke my heel (calcaneus fracture) and have a lot of little avulsion fractures in my left foot from falling down one step while having Eamonn strapped to me. We were leaving the polling place, which is next door to home, so Graham was able to run right over. Eamonn seems to be just fine. I don't remember him hitting the ground at all. It seems that we were going down the stairs and then we were in the air, and then my foot folded under me, something horrible happened in my ankle, and we rocked on my hip. There wasn't a lot of pain at all until I tried to walk a few steps with the help of the paramedics who were called right away. I have a stint! Soon I will have a cast! I will get to pick the color!

I have to use crutches for six weeks. I cannot put any weight on it. I cannot carry the baby. This is a sticky wicket that will require some creative driving juggling getting the baby to daycare. I *can* drive! Eamonn was not at all hurt. These are good things. It's the stupidest thing ever, and it could only have happened to me. :)

Comments