Holiday Update
Hello all! Hopefully you've all received your holiday card from us by now, or if not, in the next day or two. We've had a very nice 2014 here in Minnesota. Winter at the early part of the year was much more Artic-like than we usually care to experience. But we had a lovely long summer and fall, and are now having a relatively mild early winter of flurries, a little snow & ice on the ground, and temperatures in the 20s-40s. During the warmer months, we went to parks with our new running stroller; investigated outdoor playareas; visited the upstairs pool; and generally explored the outdoors as much as possible. In winter months, we take in the indoor playgrounds at community centers or shopping malls, and spend a lot of time on the Skyways in downtown.
Our news from this year... I started a new job in April. I'm still very much enjoying building websites. I miss the research of being a librarian, but I still get to do that through my online history masters degree program. I will finish up that program late next year. Graham is doing very well in his career at the other end of the IT spectrum from me (hardware and support). We also moved into a lovely, large, spacious 2 bedroom apartment in the same building.
Eamonn has grown so much this year. From needing to hold on to furniture to walk to sprinting, climbing, and jumping, he's gone from a "mobile baby" to a full toddler. His vocabulary is growing. He can count to ten, and identify letters and numbers. At daycare, they also work on shapes, colors, continents, planets, and reading their names.
Eamonn's growth this year:
Eamonn's interests are CARS, trucks, trains, phones and laptops, helping with chores especially vacuuming and watering plants, eating fruit and cereal ("siwheal"), reading, brushing his teeth, bath-time coloring, puzzles, balls (he has a mean overhanded toss), chase, knocking/answering the door, Skype, and tickles.
He's still scheduled for his kidney surgery to fix the valves from his bladder to his kidneys on Jan 23rd. Rachel is coming to stay with us during the surgery and recuperation. We'll keep you updated.
We want to wish you all a wonderful holiday season and blessings in 2015.
Love,
Michelle, Graham & Eamonn
Our news from this year... I started a new job in April. I'm still very much enjoying building websites. I miss the research of being a librarian, but I still get to do that through my online history masters degree program. I will finish up that program late next year. Graham is doing very well in his career at the other end of the IT spectrum from me (hardware and support). We also moved into a lovely, large, spacious 2 bedroom apartment in the same building.
Eamonn has grown so much this year. From needing to hold on to furniture to walk to sprinting, climbing, and jumping, he's gone from a "mobile baby" to a full toddler. His vocabulary is growing. He can count to ten, and identify letters and numbers. At daycare, they also work on shapes, colors, continents, planets, and reading their names.
Eamonn's growth this year:
| March | Dec |
| 24 lbs 8oz | 29lbs 12oz |
| 2'8" | 2'11" |
Eamonn's interests are CARS, trucks, trains, phones and laptops, helping with chores especially vacuuming and watering plants, eating fruit and cereal ("siwheal"), reading, brushing his teeth, bath-time coloring, puzzles, balls (he has a mean overhanded toss), chase, knocking/answering the door, Skype, and tickles.
He's still scheduled for his kidney surgery to fix the valves from his bladder to his kidneys on Jan 23rd. Rachel is coming to stay with us during the surgery and recuperation. We'll keep you updated.
We want to wish you all a wonderful holiday season and blessings in 2015.
Love,
Michelle, Graham & Eamonn

Comments
Post a Comment