South Dakota Vacation
Driving through SD
Rest Stop Shenanigans
Arrived at the Hotel! Which had a very sauna like pool room!
MOUNT RUSHMORE! WE ARE IN YOU!
We did the trail!
Trees growing out of the rocks.
View back toward the amphitheater
Back in Rapid City, having a late lunch at the Firehouse brewery
Yes, I am coloring while Eamonn plays on his iPad.
NEXT DAY!
Bear Butte Mountain!
Sometimes Eamonn takes surprisingly good pictures
I know they're the same but it was too cute not to keep them both.
The trees here had prayer clothes tied to them which we were not to photograph.
A small herd of Buffalo! 14 total with 6 babies.
This buffalo below did not like me, and glared at me taking pictures from the car.
AND LATER ON!
At the Reptile Gardens
Prairie Dogs
Gators
Eamonn loved this snake SO much
The NEXT DAY...
In WALL, SD
Eamonn found an arcade
And for the 30mile tour of the Badlands on a very rough dirt road.
This idiot was giving children ideas.
Mom taking a selfie
Me keeping Eamonn away from the ledge, and from having any fun, as he will tell you.
That's poop
Feel that wind!
Prairie Dog Town
Also the prairie dog's fleas carry the PLAGUE, so you know...
We stayed in the car.
Cheyenne River
My ill-gotten gain from the WALL, SD booksto!
LATER THAT NIGHT...
FIREWORKS are coming!
In like an hour... this was poor planning.
OOOO!
I am making Mama crazy by trying to run into traffic.
THE NEXT DAY....
Custer State Park!
We walked a trail!
It was much too hot, and we got back in the car!
Sheep
One tiny buffalo off in the distance
Antelopes!
DEER
DONKEY
The friendly burros!
MY BUFFALO!
All 1300 of them!
I wanted to capture every one....
but Eamonn and Mom said I was insane so...
I still took a lot of pictures.
And bought a buffalo charm necklace...
And a T-shirt.
I really really like buffalo.
Eamonn thinks they're pretty cool too.
Not quite as cool as snakes though.
We were all doing the popping out of our sunroofs thing.
It was magical.
We did more driving. I got kind of carsick, so we didn't do the Needle. Alas!
But this tunnel is pretty cool.
Just outside Keystone.
Fun places we ate!
Fun places we shopped!
Fun places we hiked!
Fun places we drove!
Not to mention I-90 from Minnesota to Rapid City!













































































































































Comments
Post a Comment